We are pleased to share the breaking news that funding for the Motion Picture Competitiveness Program (MPCP) was included in the conference budget at $15M a year. The $15M annual allocation represents more than 4x the funding we currently have and inclusion in the budget indicates great support for the program by elected officials!
In today’s Ways & Means hearing, the committee amended ESHB 1914 to an annual allocation of $15M and the conference budget that is negotiated by the House and Senate reflects this change and the amount may not be amended.
BUT it ain’t over yet…
Funding for the MPCP will only stay in place if ESHB 1914 is passed on the floor of both the Senate and House. Both votes in each chamber must happen before the end of the legislative session which is TOMORROW!
We are issuing an ALL CALL ACTION ALERT to write your Senator and two Representatives to ask them to VOTE YES ON ESHB 1914. In writing your elected officials, here’s what to ask:
- Senator: Ask them to vote Yes on the bill that was passed in the Ways & Mean Committee.
- Representatives: Ask them to vote to concur when ESHB 1914 makes it to the floor of the House.
Your communication can be short and sweet, 3-4 sentences tops! Here is what we suggest you include:
- Who you are and how you are affiliated with the film industry
- Why you think it’s important to pass ESHB 1914
- Ask your elected officials to VOTE YES when it’s on the floor
- Thank them for their time and consideration
This is an ALL CALL ACTION ALERT, please write to your Senator and Representatives today!
Questions? Email us at [email protected]